Commercial Diving in Queensland
Commercial Dive Company in Cairns QLD, Australia
North Marine’s commercial dive division provide a suite of dive services in Queensland and the Torres Straits.
Our commercial dive experience spans 30 years, working in both Australian and international waters.
We offer competitive quotes for commercial diving jobs throughout Queensland and the Pacific Ocean EEZ.
Commercial Dive Services
- Mooring Installation, Inspection & Compliance
- Vessel/Hull Inspection
- Wharf Inspection, Maintenance & Repair
- Bathymetric Surveys
- ROV Inspections (Underwater Video Drone)
- Marine Infrastructure: Installation, Inspection & Repair
- Navigational Aid Installation & Inspection
- Marine Salvage
- Invasive Marine Species, Hull Risk-Assessment Survey
- Water Tank Inspections
- Load Testing
- Environmental/Scientific Research Diving
- Civil/Marine Construction and Demolition
- Propeller Inspection & Change-Out
- Anode Installation, Monitoring & Change-Out
- Photography & Videography
- Rope & Vessel Line Fabrication
* Some in-water cleaning activities may not be conducted without an application and approval from the relevant authorities. Please allow sufficient time for the application process. Contact us for more information.
Your Dive Support Contractor of Choice
Let’s discuss your commercial dive requirements
Contact us for a consultation
Servicing a diverse range of commercial dive clientele
North Marine hold a long-term contract with Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) to maintain public moorings throughout Australia’s Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Furthermore, we frequently work for other government agencies, including Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ), in various capacities, including but not limited to, marine salvage for the ‘War on Wrecks’ initiative.
We deliver commercial dive contracting to some of the largest shipping companies throughout Queensland and the Torres Straits.
We provide the maintenance of underwater infrastructure for most of the marine tourism operators in Far North Queensland.
North Marine also frequently work for local councils and the general public to provide commercial dive company services.
Vessel moorings, pontoon moorings, mooring compliance & more
North Marine has facilitated mooring infrastructure throughout Queensland for over 30 years.
As mooring specialists, we are extremely well acquainted with what you expect from your commercial dive provider.
- Mooring Installation, Inspection & Maintenance
- Permit Advice
- Mooring Re-Location
- Cyclone-Rated Moorings
- Mooring Compliance Certificates
- Environmentally Friendly Moorings
- Load Testing
- Design & Location Consultancy
- Pontoon & Helipad Moorings
(including connection, disconnection & towage)
- Mooring Supply – Rope & Hardware Retail
- Vessel Line Fabrication
Our understanding of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef moorings is second-to-none.
For over ten years, we have maintained the public Great Barrier Reef moorings for the State Government Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS).
We also manage mooring installation and compliance for some of the largest shipping companies throughout Queensland and the Torres Straits.
View our dive inspection services
Our commercial dive division provides underwater inspection and maintenance services for all applications.
Commercial Dive Inspections
These include, but are not limited to:
- Wharf Inspections
- Vessel/Hull Inspections
- Invasive Marine Species Risk Assessment Surveys
- Pile Inspections
- Watertank Inspections
- Propeller/Rudder/Thruster Inspections etc
- Navigational Aid Inspections
All underwater inspections include videography and photography services where requested, for general reporting and/or insurance.
ROV Inspections – Drones
North Marine is leading the way in ROV technology to assist in commercial underwater operations.
ROV’s are remotely operated vehicles that provide accurate video footage recording of your assets beneath the surface.
This can have many positive applications – including:
- Cost Efficiency
- Increased Safety
- Small Space Accessibility
- Proof for Insurance Providers
Contact us for more information
View our salvage capabilities
North Marine has the capacity to perform most types of marine salvage operations.
Our fleet of support vessels, tug boats and barges are available to assist where required.
North Marine also provide documentation, as requested, to support insurance claims in the course of salvage work.
Contact us for more information
Marine Equipment for Hire
Our dive company hires equipment for a range of applications.
Based in Cairns Queensland, these include:
- Lift Bags
- Dive Boat Charter ‘Viking’
(14-meter commercial dive boat)
- Dive Support Platform/Pontoon
(1.5 x 3meters, caged on three sides)
- Hiab Truck With Crane
- Support Barge Hire
(8.0m Aluminium landing craft with bow door)
- Workboat Hire ‘Tin Duck’:
(6m aluminium RIB)
- Workboat Hire ‘Drouge’:
(4.5m Aluminium RIB)
- Transportable Cabin with A/C
(suitable for an onsite base, dry laboratory or can sleep 6-people)
Leading Commercial Dive Company for Queensland
Talk to an expert at North Marine, for all your commercial diving needs