Liveaboard Research Charter – Northern GBR & Torres Strait
North Marine is contracted to supply a charter vessel for conducting turtle conservation expeditions on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia.
In collaboration with the Department of Environment & Science » Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service and Partnerships (QPWS&P)
Scope of Work – Liveaboard Research Charter
As part of a collaborative study into the threatened Green Turtle species, North Marine’s research vessel ‘Escape’ runs up to five, 14-day liveaboard trips per year to the northern Great Barrier Reef & Torres Strait.
Our state-of-the-art research vessel accommodates Traditional Owners, conservation officers and scientists, along with multiple tender vessels, workstations & field research equipment.
The studies investigate the impacts of climate change, inform area management, gather turtle population data and enhance the co-management capacity of Traditional Owners.
North Marine – Discriminators for the Liveaboard Research Charter Expeditions
- Adept at delivering logistically complex and remote projects
- Ethically, culturally and socially aware company, established operating in the sensitive habitats of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Extensive track record in Government contracting
- Suitable fleet of vessels that comply with WH&S, accommodation & biosecurity requirements
- Hold all necessary permits to conduct charter operations
- Local SME business with a local workforce & FNQ premises
- ISO accredited
- Experienced management and key personnel
North Marine has completed each research charter to date, with schedules and project requirements successfully fulfilled in full, on time and within budget.
North Marine – Leading Marine Contractor in Queensland, Australia
North Marine is a prominent marine support company based in the Port of Cairns in Queensland, Australia.
North Marine has a long history of delivering maritime support services to Government agencies and the public sector.