Marine Support On Bridge Core Sampling Surveys – Innisfail, Queensland
North Marine was contracted by GHD to provide marine support on their ‘bridge core-sampling project’ in Innisfail, Queensland.
GHD was engaged for this project by the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Scope of Work – Bridge Core Sampling: Marine Support
As a subcontractor to GHD on a Department of Transport and Main Roads tender, North Marine provided multiple workboat support and crew to transport GHD staff, core-sampling personnel, a drilling rig, a generator and bulk equipment.
Core sampling operations were conducted on the Johnson River bridge support piers.
Work was tidal dependent, with a total of ten different concrete core samples taken at differing tidal variations.
Maintaining vessel stability was crucial.
North Marine charter vessels, ‘Reef Safari’ and ‘Tin Duck’, were utilised.
Detailed planning and methodology covered:
- Operating within the environmentally sensitive habitat of the Johnson River in Queensland, Australia
- Risk management – Control measures for hazards such as crocodiles, tidal currents and debris etc
- Substantial tidal limitations for crane and vessel access
- Operating restrictions set by Authorities
- Minimising disturbance to other vessel movements and river users
North Marine Discriminators: Bridge Core Sampling Project
- Comprehensive ‘Environmental Management Procedures’ when operating in rivers, harbours and high-traffic areas – with extensive experience in such operations
- Adept at delivering logistically complex & remote projects
- A fleet of suitable charter vessels to perform works
- Existing GHD contractor, compliant with high vendor standards and qualifications. North Marine has delivered first-rate marine support to GHD on multiple projects
- Excellent working relationships with Stakeholders
- Local SME marine business in North Queensland
- Local workforce
- Extensive track record as a Government contractor
- Ethically and socially aware marine contractor, experienced operating in environmentally sensitive habitats of Queensland waterways and tidal zones
- Detailed ‘Crocodile Management Plan’
- Hold pre-requisite work permits
- Experienced Management and Key Personnel
- ISO Accreditation
North Marine successfully completed the contract with all project objectives delivered in full, on time and within budget.
The best outcome for the client was achieved.
North Marine – Trusted Marine Contractor in Queensland, Australia
North Marine is a prominent marine support company based in the Port of Cairns in Far North Queensland, Australia.
North Marine has a long history of delivering maritime support services to Government agencies and the public sector.